Oregano System is proud to release the second revision of its popular syn1588® PCIe NIC. In addition to all the proven features of the prevision version like the highly accurate hardware clock and the patented on-the-fly one-step timestamping, it adds several new great features:
- Native PCIe version 2.0 interface (5 Gbit/s) for even higher network performance and reduced register access latency
- Optional 1000BASE-X fibre interface (SFP type)
- TCXO as default oscillator (1.5ppm, temperature compensated)
- Ultra stable frequency output due to a jitter cleaner PLL
- Generate synchronized, accurate single-ended frequencies up to 156.25 MHz
- Improved termination and protection of the user programmable I/O function on the SMA connectors
- Enhanced ESD protection on network interface for intra-building wiring
- Optional OCXO oscillator available (high quality, ultra-stable oscillator) for even better synchronization accuracy and holdover behavior
- Green Ethernet support following IEEE802.3az
All other features like the form factor (1 lane, half height PCIe card), the programmable I/Os, and the programmable timestampers are directly adopted from the previous version. Even the hardware interface remains unchanged. With a simple driver update you can integrate the syn1588® PCIe NIC revision 2 in your existing system setup.
The syn1588® PCIe NIC revision 2 will be available in December 2014. If you like to know more about our new PCIe NIC, please contact us.