The ISPCS Plugfest 2013 focusing on new developments in precise clock synchronization ended this Tuesday. New technologies have been successfully tested.
There had been special sessions for the following new areas:
- Transporting PTP over IPv6. The industry is calling for IEEE1588 solutions supporting IPv6
- Using a new network mode called ‚hybrid mode‘. Sync messages are transmitted as multicast messages whereas the End-to-end delay mechanism is performed using unicast addresses.
- Bringing redundancy and reliability to IEEE1588 systems using High availability seamless redundancy (HSR) and Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP)
As every year there have been sessions for the default, power and telecom profile proving the interoperability between different vendors. Some basic statistics of the plugfest:
- 40 companies attended the plugfest
- 140 attendees at the conference
- more than 50 products tested in the plugfest
- 2000 m network cables
- 1200 m RG-58 cables
Oregano Systems is proud to be at the front of development in IEEE1588 and to be deeply involved in bringing PTP to new areas and industries.
The following gallery shows some impressions from this year’s plugfest.